Saturday, August 22, 2009

"You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."

During the last couple of days we teachers from ABC Christian Academy have been spending a lot of time in our classrooms, eagerly preparing for the first day of school this coming Monday! Today, bulletin boards were hung in my classroom. I so enjoyed decorating the room for the kids!

I hung math formulas, symbols, and definitions. . .
But, Deuternomy 6:6-9 kept coming to mind:
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

This encouraged me to write out and hang lots of Bible verses on the walls of my classroom as well, lest the children forget the LORD while we learn about math! And the more I thought about it, I figured it wasn't a bad strategy for good behavior since 'the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.' (Hebrews 4:12)









I was thinking. . . I would love to find Bible wallpaper such that a whole book of the Bible could fit, spread out, onto one wall! Imagine that! I'll take the book of Psalms for my bedroom!
Until I get that figured out, construction paper and markers suffice for the classroom . . . :)

By God's grace, everything is ready to roll. . .and I can't wait to see what God will do for His glory this school year!

In the fear of the LORD one has strong confidence...
Proverbs 14:26

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classroom is so adorable! You are a wonderful decorator, sweet Katie! Also, I love the Bible verses you've chosen to hang on the wall! You are amazing.
    We are praying for you and for the kiddos the Lord is sending your way! To God be the glory!!

    We miss you, but your blog is a blessing to the household!!
    *HUGS*

    OH! BY THE WAY, Bible wallpaper is a fantastic idea!! You should totally market that one! Maybe mom and I will have your room done in Psalms by the time you come home to us ;)

    WE LOVE YOU! KEEP SHININ' FOR JESUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hurrah! or eureka! i made it/found u! wallpaper u could print out from ur own comp!! attaches/detaches w/ ease to any!! surface hmm...michelle

    ReplyDelete