Thursday, August 20, 2009

"...and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation..."


"God is pursuing with omnipotent passion a worldwide purpose of gathering joyful worshipers for Himself from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. He has an inexhaustible enthusiasm for the supremacy of His name among the nations." -John Piper, from Let the Nations Be Glad


My classroom is on the second level of the new middle school building!
Right now the room is full of empty desks, but on Monday, Lord willing, they will be occupied by my math students from 12 different nations: Malawi, Philippines, Cameroon, United Kingdom, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, United States, Korea, Nigeria, Netherlands, New Zealand, and Canada!
Right now I only have names to pray for - I can't wait to meet and build relationships with the children that God will bring to my classroom this school year!



Revelation 5:9 - And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation...."

3 comments:

  1. Let the Nations be Glad is one of my very favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Katie,
    Oh, how we miss you! What a joy it is to see the pictures of your classroom!! I am so excited for you!! I cannot wait to hear your stories.

    <3

    ReplyDelete