Saturday, September 26, 2009

Blessed

Blessed are the people whose God is the LORD!
Psalm 145:15b


If our God is the LORD, then we are automatically blessed and will be blessed no matter what! It's so powerfully encouraging. I have been comforted this week as I have been constantly reminded of this again and again.

This week has been one of those crazy kind of weeks! As in, it has felt like a year! Not because it was bad at all - God always proves Himself faithful! Just because so much has happened in the last few days - the amount of things that would seem to happen over the course of a year. . . :)

Here's a quick rundown:
Wednesday - Major rat infestation in the house! We have detected them in almost every room, and noticed they've made a mess of our kitchen cabinets!
Thursday - Exterminator falls through my ceiling! He's OK, though he asked to be taken to the hospital because he was experiencing some pain near his ribs. The hole is now repatched.
Friday morning - Fire at school. Everybody is safe, nothing damaged
Friday afternoon- My housemate and I are hit by a flatbed semi at the gas station. We're OK!
Friday evening- I am followed home by a young woman who ends up in our house. The guards are on the watch, and nothing has happened!

So Saturday I decide to let my mind rest a little, and go love on the babes.
They remind me that no matter what happens, in Christ we are blessed! I will trust in His hesed and I will rejoice in the salvation He has provided! So I pray that I'll be more dependent on Him, and we praise Him:



There's a new baby at the nursery:

















What a cutie.

So, now it's time for a new week. And I'm blessed! And I will be blessed with all He is, has been, and will continue to be for me.
Why? Because my God is the LORD!

6 comments:

  1. Are you going to send out an email with your latest update?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS As I read this, I am thinking of the passage Chris quotes a lot these days: "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank the Lord for His many acts of protection that you've witnessed within just 7 days! What a week you have had!

    We love you Katie. Glad you're in the all-knowing hands of the Father. MISS YA!!
    You continue to be in our prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Rumor has it you are being a little stinker with your grading. ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie,

    How do you get hit by an 18 wheeler and be OK? :)

    ReplyDelete