Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy in Jesus

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness. . .
Isaiah 52:7


Happiness. . .
Whenever I hear that word now, I always think of my friend Happy at Chitipi, a home for orphans. He is happy because he has heard good news of happiness! He has been crowned with steadfast love and mercy by his heavenly Father. His soul constantly remembers the benefits of the LORD. The joy of the LORD is his strength.
God's children have so much to be happy for because of Jesus!
Happy has really been a blessing to me, as have all the children! I remember blogging a little bit about Happy a couple of weeks ago and wanted to share this picture of him. Be encouraged and know that you are loved as you remember all of the benefits of the LORD! And as you think of all these, be happy in Jesus!


This Friday a couple of the teachers from ABCCA and I will be taking some of the students to Chitipi again for outreach. I'll be leading a lesson on God's love. Pray that all of us would understand more and more what is the breadth and length and height and depth of the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge! Pray for Happy and the rest of the children at Chitipi, that God would continue working in and through them.

Be happy in Jesus . . . there is none like him!

PALIBE WOFANA NDI YESU. . . There is none like Jesus
PALIBE WOFANA NDI YESU
PALIBE WOFANA NDI YESU
SADZAPEZEKANSO

NDA YENDA YENDA. . . . . . . I've traveled all over
Konse konse
NDAZUNGULIRA . . . . . . . I've gone round and round
Konse konse
NDAFUNA FUNA. . . . . . . I've searched and searched
Konse konse
SADZAPEZEKANSO. . . . . . . Forget about it!


Your mercy flows like a river wide
And healing comes from Your hands
Suffering children are safe in Your arms
There is none like You

3 comments:

  1. Katie,
    A quick comment since Jesse will be coming in the door any minute for a lesson. He is just back from taking Ashley all the way to Florida for nursing school. You were a great inspiration to her not to be afraid- going all the way to Africa!

    Happy is another gift from God to you. He looks so serene even with extreme poverty all around. God's love is shining through him to you. I can even feel his love through his eyes in the picture you posted.

    I had two students (brothers) last year at St. Kieran that projected their happiness always. They just got up in the morning happy to be in God's creation. It was definitely contagious. I couldn't help but smile when they did.

    God bless-remember God is in front of you, behind you, to the right and to the left of you, guiding you in all you do.

    Love,
    Cherilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Katie . . . there is no one like Him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been online much, since my computer came down with a nasty virus. Still not fixed, but mommy is sharing hers.

    It is a delight be on your blog again and to read about Happy!! What a joy he is!!!! I shall keep him in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete