Friday, October 2, 2009

God is in Control!

The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Sometimes I just love the ways we are reminded of things!

Yesterday I was driving home from the market during the most difficult time to be caught on the roads. Around 5 p.m. traffic starts picking up and you not only find yourself in a long line of cars, but most of the people who have been selling produce bike or walk home on the side of the road right next to your car leaving just a few inches between them and you. In addition there are those who are still out selling mice-on-a-stick and bananas. . .and if you get too distracted watching all that's happening on the sidelines you forget to pay attention to the potholes!

I'll be honest! I'm still not completely comfortable with this stick shift stuff, and I still stall out quite frequently. . .especially on uphill stops. So, I'm in the line of cars yesterday on an incline in the traffic I've described. And I stall. And I start feeling just a little stressed.
But when I look out the window I can't help but to laugh from a joyful reminder! On the car in front of me is this bumper sticker that says RELAX in big letters. Then, underneath, God is in control.

The realization that He is in control of all things is always the best and most comforting when it meets face-to-face with the realization that we are not in control no matter how hard we may try to be! Guess we've just got to be broken to be healed!

Aren't ya grateful that He is in control of all things, including our salvation. . . that because of Jesus we have that privilege of resting, or, "relaxing" in knowing that God is in control?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad this phrase has brought you so much joy;-) Even in the wormiest of days

    ReplyDelete