Sunday, October 4, 2009

Do All to the Glory of God!

I Corinthians 10:31
So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Please pray that God would use me to encourage all of my students to do math for His glory! Pray that His name would be exalted at the school, in my classroom, in the efforts of the students, in math. . . May He be known, may we be found in Him. . .

















I have been so proud of my seventh graders! Many of them have struggled with math, but last week they worked very hard. . . and their tests were a pleasure to grade! We celebrated by having a cookie party after class. They liked that. :)
















God has really blessed me just in this last week alone with more and more opportunities to spend time with these students and to get to know them better. Tomorrow several of the girls will be coming over to my house to hang out. They love spending time with and getting attention from people who are older than they are. Please pray that God would help me as I serve. Pray that He would give me a heart for these kids. Pray that He would give me the grace to honor Him by loving and serving these students and sharing with them the treasure of Jesus Christ! Pray that I would know Him more and love Him more - that I would be a good example to these children, and that He would be glorified and magnified and exalted!
My prayer for these children is that they would be found in him, that they would know him, that they would become like him, and that God would break their hearts with the things that break His.

Philippians 3:7-11
But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith - that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

1 comment: