Thursday, April 29, 2010

Meet (some of) my 8th grade girls!

We all have different stories. . . but we all are in desperate need of a Savior!


(from left to right: Kaitlin, Yodit, Shannon, Catarina)

KAITLIN (14 yrs)
Where are you from?
I am from Nebraska, but I was born in Iowa. I've been in Malawi since 3rd grade (2004). My dad is a missionary doctor at an AIDS clinic here. We are with a mission called SIM. My mom is a counselor.
What do you like to do? I love to swim! I could live in a pool! My favorite subject is math. I love math!
What is your favorite Bible verse? Jeremiah 29:11 because it tells me how God knows everything that's going to happen to me! He loves me that much!
How can I pray for you? You can pray that I would pursue God and draw closer to Him everyday.

YODIT (14 yrs)
Where are you from?
I'm from Ethiopia, but I've been in Malawi for six years.
I live in Lilongwe because my dad got a job here.

What do you like to do?
I love to hang out with my friends.
What is your favorite Bible verse?
My favorite Bible verse is John 3:16 because it makes me feel important.
How can I pray for you?
I'm going to Ethiopia during the summer. My family is moving. Pray that the move wouldn't be so hard.

SHANNON (14 yrs)
Where are you from?
I'm from Zimbabwe and Malawi. I've been in Malawi for 2 years. I moved away from Zimbabwe because it was corrupt.
What do you like to do? I like to hang out with friends, and I like sports.
What is your favorite Bible verse? I like Proverbs 15:3 because it makes me feel safe wherever I am.
How can I pray for you? Pray that my friends and I won't grow apart and that I'll go back to Zimbabwe one day.

CATARINA (14 yrs)
Where are you from?
I'm from Portugal, but I was born in Malawi. I have been in Malawi for 14 years. My dad got a job in Malawi, so that's why I'm living here.
What do you like to do? For fun I like to hang out with friends and go to parties. My favorite subject is recess.
What is your favorite Bible verse? My favorite Bible verse is Proverbs 14:26, because it gives me encouragement to go through life, even in hard times.
How can I pray for you? Pray that I do well at my new school if I have to move.



- - - - -
Please continue to pray for my students and for each one's relationship with the Lord!



3 comments:

  1. Katie your students come from so many places! That is really interesting. Of course I will pray for your students and for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I was glad to finally be able to catch up on your life! Again, I can only say, what a wonderful, wonderful opportunity of being a light for God. =) I think of you often and pray for you.
    In Him,
    Ashley Caldwell

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see more of the "school side" of your life in Malawi!

    ReplyDelete